Fascial Stretch Therapy™ is a unique, complete and complementary system of table-based assisted stretching, focusing on the fascia and joint capsule as the key elements in achieving optimal flexibility, strength, performance and pain relief.
Fascia is a network of layered connective tissue that surrounds muscles, bones and joints. A joint capsule is also a connective tissue structure that surrounds joints and is involved in optimizing the mechanical function of the joint as well as gives it nutrients.
When The Fascia And Joint Capsules Are Restricted It Can Cause:
- Decreased joint space which can lead to degenerative joint diseases and osteoarthritis
- Increased muscle tone which can lead to trigger points, strains, tendonitis and tears
- Increased nervous tissue tone which can lead to headaches, trigger points and muscle tightness
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased blood flow and energy levels, and much more
- Fascial restrictions do not show up on ordinary diagnostic tests such as MRI’s, CT scans or X-rays.
The development of muscular holding or guarding patterns may initially be beneficial in reducing painful movement in an injured area. However, when these patterns persist for extended periods of time they can become a permanent source of pain and limitation.
Unlike traditional stretching that attempts to isolate and stretch specific muscles, FST™ creates lasting change and dramatically improves your flexibility by decompressing your joints and unwinding the connective tissue “fabric” of your body. Lack of flexibility and general “tightness” is the cause of most people’s day-to-day aches and pains and significantly affects your health, quality of life and longevity in your activities or sport.
Benefits Of Fascial Stretch Therapy™:
- Opens joint capsules through decompression.
- Helps gain optimal mobility of the joint capsule.
- Releases adhesions in joint capsules and other connective tissues.
- Decreases or eliminates chronic pain and achiness caused by tension and stress.
- Increases joint range of motion.
- Increases recovery time from intense training with little to no soreness the next day.
- Increases flexibility.
- Improves posture and functional ability to help with daily activities and sports performance.